Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Movie Of The Week: Like Water


"Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend." -Bruce Lee

It's time for another movie of the week. I have once again chosen a documentary, because I felt like it! Instead of another documentary about a Pro Wrestler, I have chosen a documentary about arguably the greatest Mixed Martial Artist of all time, Anderson Silva. I am a bit biased, considering he is my favorite fighter, so I figured I'd love this from the start. This is a great "behind the scenes" look at what a fighter goes through, physically and mentally, before a fight. It's made even better due to the real life drama between Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen leading up to this fight.

You get to hear from Dana White, the UFC's president, about how pissed off he was with Anderson Silva's very lack luster performances and antics in his last couple of fights leading up to this. It seemed as though Anderson was not in the right frame of mind in his fights, and was not performing at his best. So it was interesting to see how he would perform against a fighter who would constantly pressure him. This fight was one of the most exciting fights I've ever watched, I was freaking out the entire time. It also has one of the greatest finishes to a fight I have ever seen.

Considering Anderson Silva is from Brazil, there is quite a bit of subtitles because they are speaking in Portuguese. This doesn't bother me at all, but I know that some may not fans of having to read subtitles while watching a movie. But to those people I say, there is a cameo by Steven Seagal! Yay! But seriously, this is a very interesting documentary, though if you're not a big fight fan, you may not be that interested in it. Thankfully, I am. It's on Netflix's instant queue, so I'd suggest checking it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment