Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Movie Of The Week: Spaceballs


Movie Of The Week is sometimes a tough choice. Not in that I can't think of a movie but that there are way to many to chose from. This week was no exception. So I decided on one I love from my childhood, back when spoof movies were respected, had real comedy in them, and not just pop culture references rushed out to make a quick buck. I'm talking Mel Brooks good. I've seen every one of his movies and I enjoyed them all. This week I was reminded of Spaceballs by a Facebook post from I Fucking Love Science. This picture below.


I immediately thought of the asshole scene. I Fucking love this movie. From beginning to end. It was a much needed spoof on the space movies. But it just wasn't a rip off of a current story, just mangled with currently in jokes. No, it had its own story and it made reference to other films in the genre. They weren't pot shots at the actors who played the roles or current celebrities in the news. They took the time to properly satire a film. Even made you care about there characters at the same time. It can't always be stupid fucking joke after stupid fucking joke. Take time to craft your jokes.

Spaceballs pokes mainly at Star Wars, a little bit of Alien and Star Trek thrown in. It is amazing. If you haven't seen, you must. It's a comedy you can't miss. 4 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment